To All Interested Parties:
Congressman Ben Quayle has decided to move Congressional districts and primary fellow-Republican David Schweikert in his distirct, AZ-06.
- Quayle’s home isn’t in AZ-06, it’s in AZ-09
- Quayle’s campaign office isn’t in AZ-06, it’s in AZ-09
- Quayle’s Congressional office isn’t in AZ-06, it’s in AZ-09
As this primary challenge gains attention, the choice for Arizona conservatives is clear. They support the Republican who lives in AZ-06 and who has served that very same community for 30+ years.
Since Ben Quayle’s announcement to “carpetbag” into Schweikert’s district, Arizonans have responded in backlash. This week the Schweikert campaign rolled out several prominant endorsements.
- Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery
- Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio
- Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring
- Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane
- State Senator Michele Reagan
- State Representative Michele Ugenti
- State Representative John Kavanagh
David’s campaign office opened this morning with a record-breaking volume of volunteer participation. In 2010, Schweikert’s ground operation was widely noted as being a model for campaigns across the country.
It is clear that David has the entire base of grassroots support in AZ-06 behind him.
Included is a polling memo for your interest. Please feel welcome to circulate. Of particular note are the favorable ballot numbers at the very bottom of the memo. Arizona primary voters who “like” both David and Ben choose David 56% – 31%. Even more impressive is the informed ballot of Arizona primary voters who have an “opinion” of David and Ben, either “favorable or unfavorable” choose David 57% – 31%.
PS: When you hear reports about the Schweikert/Quayle primary, please help us keep the facts straight, and if you need information or have a question, please don’t ever hesitate to ask!