With Trump bringing back the program to allow local law enforcement to deal with illegal immigrants, and the City of Phoenix considering becoming a Sanctuary City, it's a good time to remind everyone of the study the Maricopa County Attorney's Office did in 2008 when I was there, which found that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate than the general population. I moved to Phoenix in 1999, and my car was stolen by illegal immigrant gang members. Since I could only afford liability insurance at the time, I was out a car. (Went back to riding the bus again for awhile until I could save up again to buy another car) We have a serious problem with illegal immigration and crime, and it's not going away, especially with the addition of radical Islamists coming into the country.
The study found that although illegal immigrants only comprised 9% of the population in Maricopa County, they accounted for:
• 16.5% of those sentenced for violent crimes
• 18.5% of those sentenced for property crimes
• 33.5% of those sentenced for the manufacture, sale or transport of drugs
• 50% of those sentenced for crimes related to “chop shops”
• 35.8% of those sentenced for kidnapping
• 20.3% of those sentenced for felony DUI.